Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crock Pot Sesame Chicken

I love my crockpot.  I love the ease of cooking in it. I love having dinner ready whenever I am. I love the way the house smells all day. Like it gets me excited to eat, man.  This is a recipe I developed a few years ago as an alternative to MSG laden sub par Chinese take out.  Then I paleofied. it. Paleofied? Is that a word? Spell check says no, but I am going to use it anyway.  I paleofy lots of things and you know what? Most of the time they are even more delicious!


Crock Pot Sesame Chicken

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp tapioca starch

In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat add the olive oil and sesame seeds.  Stir frequently.  Once the seeds start to turn golden brown add the garlic and saute for 1 minute or until the sesame seeds are golden brown and all toasty goodness.  Pour in the vinegar and turn the heat to medium low.  Add the coconut aminos, honey and crushed red pepper and stir until combined.  Dissolve the tapioca starch in 1-2 tablespoons of water and add to the pot.  Stir until thickened.  Add chicken to the crockpot and pour sauce over.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours.  Serve over cauli-rice or regular rice if you are into that sort of thing.  You can pretty much use whatever cut of chicken you want. It is especially good with chicken wings.  I take them to parties and they are always a huge hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment